Healthy eyesight is essential, and we would like to help you preserve it for a lifetime. At Pheonix Eye Specialist, we provide extensive eye care services to help detect any eye problems you may not be aware of, at their earliest stage, when they are the most treatable.
General eye exams will give our doctors specialized in this field a chance to help you correct and provide you with tips and treatment on caring for your eyes.
Common Eye Exam Tests at Phoenix:
- Current refractive error measurement using retinoscopy
- Eye pressure measurement to identify glaucoma
- Eye health using a slit-lamp
- Visual acuity to measure the definition of your vision
- Blindspot detection using a visual field test
- Eye misalignment using cover tests
- Eye disease identification through pupil dilation
Eye Exam Schedule
For patients with healthy eyes, we recommend the following complete eye exam schedule:
- First eye exam: 6 months old
- Second eye exam: 3 years old
- School-age children: before starting school and then every 1-2 years
- Adults: every 1-2 years
- Seniors: yearly
Eye Exams for Overall Health
The eye doctor can also identify underlying health problems, if any, by examining your eye. In a few cases, conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer, and other medical conditions can be identified during the general eye examination.
If you or your loved one is experiencing vision difficulties, don’t wait to schedule an eye exam. Contact us today to schedule.